This entry is long overdue, I've been meaning to blog it months ago but have been keeping it off because I was waiting for the photos from the girls.
I'm so blessed to have known these people, for I have known them for quite some time (nearly to 10 years perhaps?), and even some I have lived with for 2 years or so.
Despite the differences that we've had, the distances from each other and hectic life that we are leading, it's not that often that we see each other as how we should. Some tak jumpa langsung.. i think more than a year, only see them on FB.
Anyway, the best part of throwing parties is that we can gather everyone together and have a good time. In conjunction of me ending my singlehood days, my TESL girlfriends decided to throw one hell of bachelorette party and being surrounded by teachers and lecturers (most of em) and some were once teachers/lecturers, it is one hell of a party siap dengan adanya Master of ceremony, game master, performances and all sorts of contests! Siap ada best dress competition. The theme was diamonds and sequins. Hilarious!
I was excited for the party so I decided to get ready early. Of course you'll be excited when you are being celebrated! Hitched a ride with Azura and Azima, and off we went to One Utama. Before the event started, they sent me away for a massage at Thai Odyssey because they wanted to decorate the place in order to boost up the party ambience. Had my 1 hour massage and off I went to Neway, but when I called them, "Eh belum lagi belum lagi", haish kelakarlah budak-budak ni.
And rupanya guess what they were doing? They were rehearsing a song for me because when I entered the room, Azura was 'Ok, everyone 1 2 3" and the music starts.
So sweet I want to cry. They performed one of my favourite song by the late Seha, "Mulanya Disini". Siap ada menari tu.
" Sama-sama menjejak mimpi, sama-sama mencari dan menanti, segalanya direstui cinta sejati, sama-sama gunung didaki, sama-sama turun ke lembah sepi, suka duka bersama dirasai"
:)
The rest came after and we started playing games. I felt like peeing the whole time as the girls were hilarious! Screamed, shrieked, laughed, screamed, shrieked, laughed. We had Falliq as the master of ceremony and it's quite fun to see him do what he does best.
We sang, we played games, we sang again the whole night long. I nearly choked up when I sang a favourite song of mine by Nora, "Hanya Satu", which I did not at all think about Mr. Z, but at that moment I felt that it could be the 'hanya satu' moment that I spend with these girls. With our busy schedule, long distances and yada yada, it's just hard to find time to actually gather like this again.
Gah. That's just our friendship dynamic. Sigh.
Anyhow, all in all, the 5 hours I spent with them were tremendously worth it and fun, and it actually made my whole day. In fact, I was smiling and talking about it the whole week.
Girls (Sheena, Zura, Ima, Ikhlas, Qilah, Deera, Wena as well as Faliq), if any of you reading this, thank u so so much for taking time to do this for me. Appreciate every little effort, energy and creativity that you guys put into this. More of this soon ya? Wedding siapa pulak yaaa?

.jpg)
"More of this soon ya? Wedding siapa pulak yaaa?"
ReplyDeleteZuraaaaaa! ;)