I was fortunate to watch the Qurban inside the house, not having to hover around under the hot sun because my in law's house is just next to the surau. And to make things more interesting, the cow went amuk and ran inside our compound, so the Qurban people had no choice but performed the Qurban there. Alhamdulillah.
Was at my MIL's house in the morning, and knowing my MIL, she's a great cook and just love to spoil her family with food, food and more food. She told us 'ala ini cincai-cincai aje', well, which part of this is cincai la Mama? Every Raya food is there from lontong to kuah kacang to rendang to mee kari to ketupat palas to nasi impit to ayam masak merah etc etc.
Oh boy. I have a lot to do and to learn man. *looking at husband*
My Aidiladha did not just end there. We went back to Johor at night, started our journey at about 9-ish pm. It was very unusual for me (and a first time again) because my family rarely (more like NEVER) starts the journey very late at night. My dad would be like "after Subuh, we shoot" kinda person and yes, we will arrived at our destination way before noon. Less stressful perhaps? On the other hand, Mr. Z's family is totally the opposite but I was appalled that I didn't see any sign of stress in them. Different folks, different strokes I guess.
Arrived Benut at 2 am. I was sleeping the whole journey I did not see or hear a thing. Tahu-tahu dah sampai. As I opened my eyes, I saw that we were in this huge beautiful compound with many trees and fairy lights all over. There's a gazebo parked beside the house and it was decorated with fairy lights as well. The compound of the house was huge; I think it can parked more than 10 cars kot and the house? All I can say was WOW. The exterior was a bit fusion; classic meets modern Bali style with fancy woods, stones and bricks but the interior is modern. This is the first kampung house that I've been which is fully air-conditioned. Love every sense of it and all I can say is that the house is very very very COSY.
Sorry no pictures. Too excited and jakun sampai lupa nak snap. Next time?
But I managed to snap this instead!
Mr. Z's family is from a Bugis ancestry, so here I am presenting to you their famous wajib dish; Burasak which is made out of rice and coconut milk. Lots of coconut milk. I can feel the ooze of fat running inside my body mannnn! You either eat with rendang or sambal goreng but I discovered another way of eating it; with asam pedas lobak masin ikan parang.
Chilled freshly made pineapple juice and sugar coated butter toast on a very hot day. Such simple snacks but memorable to your palate. Oh gosh, where can I find this in KL?
No comments:
Post a Comment