Aildiladha was different this time around because I'm celebrating it with none other than my husband as a first time. Time management is crucial between two families as we wouldn't want to hurt any sides and boy, we really had to strategized it carefully. Phew.
So, we were at my parents' home during the eve of Aidiladha, and Allah is Great to locate us at my parents' home at that time and not husband's because my sister had to be rushed to the emergency room. She had a sudden severe attack at her lower abdomen so we suspected that her appendix might .. burst? Erm, gory thoughts creeped into my mind so off to SDMC Subang Jaya we went. When checked, everything was fine and the ONLY problem with my sister is that she RARELY eats and the ONLY thing she eats is MAGGIE mee. Pftttt. Doc suspected it was just gas and Alhamdulillah nothing serious is going on and doesn't have to be warded.
Anyway, back to Aidiladha, we were at my parents' house in
the morning, I woke up very early and crept downstairs to help Mom prepared Raya dishes but tengok-tengok she was done with everything and was ready to go back to sleep.
Gosh, how can we not love her? And how in the world I can be like her?
To make myself useful in the kitchen, I made the family spicy corned beef pasta and I was very happy to see that it was gobbled down by many. Let's share the recipe. Sharing is caring!
Ingredients
- 250g packet of your favourite pasta
- 1 can of corned beef (For more healthier choices, try to use lean or minced meat!)
- 6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 7 dried chilies, seedless and finely chopped
- 1 can of button mushroom, diced
- 120ml olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Shredded basil leaves.
Methods
1. Cook the pasta according to the instruction on the package.
2. Heat the olive oil in a pan and when it is medium hot, add the garlic and onions as well as dried chilies.
3. Throw in the corned beef and stir-fry until fragrant.
4. Add the diced button mushroom in the pan. Stir it well.
5. When the pasta is cooked, drain and toss with the stir-fried ingredients in the pan. Top the pasta with the shredded basil leaves.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Ready to serve!
My siblings and Mommy on the way to see the Qurban. Where was I at this point of time? Pfftt. Left out! I was already making my way to my in-laws.

No comments:
Post a Comment