Who’s Olivia Palermo?
Olivia Palermo is an American It-girl, socialite in New York City, model and actress. She stars in MTV’s reality show, The Hills (spinoff) and The City (as one of the main character) where she is a friend of Whitney Port (the main girl in the City). She’s also a PR working under Diane von Furstenburgh. Many people presume that the character Blaire Waldorf in Gossip Girl is based on Olivia Palermo.

Blair Waldorf does looked a bit like her, isn’t she?
Olivia doesnt need her own fashion line, to me, she is fashion. Olivia doesnt need to prove her fashion sense and capabilities because one look at her and you know she knows what shes talking about. She may not be the best person (as a journalist or reporter) to work in fashion magazine industry, but she is definitely going to be a fashion icon in a class of her own. (watch The City, you’ll know what I’m talking about)

Everything she touches is hot and classy and she knows what to choose and put together. The things I like about her is that, believe it or not, she is attainable to the everyday working girl and her fashion closet, because Olivia isn’t opposed to mixing and matching low end items and high end ones. Most of the haters are just jealous, and regardless of what they think or say, in my point of view, I can see Olivia reaching the top.(Watch The City to know more).
While I find her character on The City extremely annoying, I cannot deny her awesome style and the beautifully put together outfits. To me, she’s just nice. Not too over the top, not trashy at all, never over-sexy. Just perfect, classy “leave something to the imagination” style of dressing and I admire and that I prefer for myself.

I spot a Birkin bag!
I am mesmerized on Olivia’s style is her instinct to mix things up. She’s often seen wearing classic labels with young, edgy designers like Erin Fetherston and Kimberley Ovitz, as well as high street buys such as Zara, H&M and Topshop (ok, that is something that I could actually afford) and with all that, she could still pull of her own feminine-chic style.

Fur coat


Every girl must have at least 2 LBD

I am digging her glittery blazer and look at that shiny mustard peep toes?

Less is more, that’s her motto!
Her style is more relaxed and sober (I want to say ‘controlled’ but it doesn’t sound … fashionist?), but still with a twist of chic-ness. She normally goes for a light weighted t-shirt or a loose blouse, mainly pair it with shorts and ballet pumps for a normal day out in the city. Sunglasses and a ‘wow’ handbag are a must to close the look. Less is definitely more!


Look at that wild Sun-G. Not everyone can pull off this type of Sun-G just like that right?

Stripesssss!

Checked!

Black and beige. You don’t need flashy colours to stand out!

Palermo in many colours and bright yellow cardi!



J’adore! Black and white. Basic is classic..



I am in love with her preppy style!

My favourite look: Pink loose coat thrown on top of black chiffon blouse n grey shorts. Her mary-jane heels seal the look!
Isn’t she a divine? I love her for her exquisite taste in fashion and style, regardless all the nasty gossips that has hit her, her style is still fabulous!

No comments:
Post a Comment