Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Las Iguanas, Arcadian Place


For my twenTEEN fifth birthday (which was 2 months ago), I organized a little dinner party for myself and CELS mates (with the help from Sheena) at this chic and swanky Mexican restaurant called Las Iguanas nearby Arcadian and China Town. They served the best paella, fajitas, guacamole and cocktails (well then, mocktails for me!).


It was a nice breezy and sunny day in summer, so they had some people sitting outside of the restaurants


Me... 25?
Spiced Chicken, sweet peppers and cheese Enchilada - It is a hand-rolled tortilla smothered in a homemade smoked chilli & tomato sauce with melted cheese. This dish is served wuth garlic & coriander rice & refried black beans. I had this and the taste was quite unique, though i wish I chose a different dish as it was not that filling.
Spiced chicken and cheese Chiminchanga - Hannah chose the most favourite traditional mexican called chimichange where it is also a handmade tortilla parcel but more crispy served with homemade salsa, guacamole, soured cream, garlic & coriander rice & refried black beans. I tasted it and it is quite interesting.

Overall, this restaurant can be considered as an OK place to chill for cocktails and maybe for their wide variety of tapas. Food for the main courses? I could say that I would prefer Chillis in Malaysia over this. The ambience of this restaurant was lively with their own unique latin background music and there was even a dance floor for those who want to salsa their feet away. But that's just it. I'm still all for Chillis yo!
Food - OK
Ambience - Good

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...