Friday, August 20, 2010

Makan Meriah : Friday Iftar


When it comes to preparing food for Iftar, I'll be so semangat and the one who plans on the menu that should be cooked on that day (well, I always consulted Sheena first as she is fussy with food..;-p peace!. So, since it's Friday and it is the beginning of a great weekend, I decided to make something meriah for our Iftar today.


Here is the menu:


Appetizer: Clam and corn chowder (more for Dalia, it's her staple food)





Main course: Cheese and garlic naan (sendiri buat ok, sini takde mamak)



and kuah dhal



Mackarel curry



For dessert: Pisang Bakar Keju (this is such a famous dessert dish in Indonesia, and since the ingredients are easy to find here, might as well we dig it! )



Drinks: Sirap limau, strawberry and lemon cooler and Chai Tea (It's teh tarik but with cinnamon stick, cardamon pots ,clove and star anise. Dalia made the best Chai Tea ever!)




I don't care if I gained 10 kg from eating all of these tonight. I've been eating books, journals, magazines for research and many other things relating to my disso. I think I deserve this. Furthermore, cooking is therapeutic and it can release all of my stress toxin away.


For those in UK or any parts of Europe (or anywhere that shares the same time zone),

Selamat Berbuka Puasa..


Pictures are from Google Images

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...