A lot of people have asked me before on who's my favourite designer..truthfully, I can't answer that question as my knowledge about the fashion world is limited. Don't get me wrong, I love fashion, I love clothes and accessories, handbags and what not, but to be an expertise on that area and for me to give fashion advices to people, nope..I'm still not there.
So, favourite fashion people? For me, it is not Vera Wang or even Alexander McQueen. I can't relate to their designs. (See, I told you I'm not there). But what I love to see everyday, it's the designs by one of our prominent local designer, Rizalman Ibrahim. Fabulousity by Rizalman. He is fabulous!
The thing is about me, I don't fancy too much frills, laces, beads, colours, etc. Too much of everything is not good. I love simplicity, fresh and clean. I love traditional and modern to be combined, but not over the top combination, and I find that quality in Rizalman's creations.
To me, Rizalman's creations are epics. He's a real couturier. Not everyone who sells and designs clothes are couturier. Bukan calang-calang orang boleh di label as couterier. This label is an establishment and I think Rizalman has already established himself as Malaysian couterier since long ago before any other new local fashion designers were even born. One of the first in line of the greatest Malaysian fashion designers alongside Bernard Chandran, Zhang Toi, Radzuan Radziwill and many more.
I shall not elaborate more and let the pictures do the talking. Pictures are taken from Rizalman's blog, which is full of his stories and insights on fashion designing, life, travel and living and also his son. Such delighful tales. Oh, did I tell you Rizalman does interior designing as well?
Some of my favourites:
I like this one the most!
Thus, this will be put under my wish list. *cough*






No comments:
Post a Comment