Friday, November 16, 2012

Paradigm Shift

Everyday feels like Friday this week. Kerja, cuti, kerja, cuti.. how nice if we can have this every week!

Anyway, what have I been doing these past few days?

1. Third sister's 23rd birthday, so I made her favourite tomyam steam boat with peanut butter sauce!



Not to miss Mom's scrumptious laksa Johor during Deepavali. Oh gosh, I really need to learn this. It's just so good! Can't get this anywhere else.



Not just that, I am always at my in laws for makan-makan. I've learned to cook new dishes and boy, my husband's family is making me fat (in a good way I mean!). My parents came for lunch yesterday and they have been fed well as well. Alhamdulillah. Bugis-Padang food. Burp. It's good to know that my mak and mama, ayah and dad are getting along fine.

One of my MIL signature dish that she learned from her bugis MIL; Udang galah masak darat which is also hubby's favourite.

2. I had been hanging out a lot with my two younger sisters and sometimes it makes me so sad that they are not 'young' anymore. There are times when husband and I just want to go out and have coffee, they will be like:
"Along nak gi mana? Can we follow?" 
and my respond would be like 
" No way kiddo, tomorrow is school night". 
" Along! We're in college already laaa!"

And yes they are. I always forgot that they are above 18 and not little girls anymore. I can actually carry any adult conversation with them. From health to boys men to food to world issues to travel etc etc. 

My third and fourth wheeler. 
Always tagging along whenever I'm on my coffee date with hubby. Selagi boleh.

3. With all the eating and lazing around during public holidays, I made an effort to ... work out. This time it's a no joke as I  myself feel (like finally!) the importance of being healthy and fit. Sigh. Whether I like it or not, I just have to do this, even I'm at the  slowest pace. So, this whole week has been productive with work-out and health activities.


My two health-junky buddies persuaded me to join them for hiking at FRIM. Hiking???? On public holiday where we are supposed to sleep? Gosh.

"Nak jadi Milf or Makcik? You choose!"
 Those were their words when any of us starts giving excuses and just lazy! So, off we went and I actually love it!  
 Putting aside we had soto daging after 3 km of hiking, I think it's totally worth it. 



I survived a session of bootcamp by the Metcon X group! Oh gosh. Can't believe it right? A friend, Amirah (she's also another health-junky - read her blog as she shares her experiences and sentiments on keeping fit, clean eating and being motivated)introduced this group to me. There are many other bootcamp group in Klang Valley but because of Amirah and her persistence and consistence (as well as her hot bod!), I gave this a try! 

I had fun. It was nervewrecking at first but this is something  that I should consider. I was nervous because I was scared they would force me to do something that I couldn't do, but it was alright. I was one of the slowest but  I survived! 

Thanks babe. 



Last but not least, I was introduced to an super awesome product by Hai O, Biozone Food Purifier which still amazes me at times but also reminds me to be more cautious on the things I will eat in the future. Sigh to those lost years. 

All in all, everything falls into places and Alhamdulillah for the rezeki that has been handed to us. 

It's a paradigm shift, a whole different ballgame altogether.

Anyway, signing off now. Wifey duties! Toodles!



2 comments:

  1. aww babe ! Thanx for the compliments :) You did great today babe ! How you did on your first day is really not important. What matters is your progression and journey towards being a fitter and better you..and i LOVE how your friends put it..nak jadi MILF or makcik ? Can I use that phraseee pls ?? hehe..I really hope I'd see you at Metcon again..Soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheheh yes insya Allah if God's willing ill join metcon and this time maybe more than just a session. ahhahah MILF or Makcik? I envy those who can take care of their bod even after beranak pinak, so i guess i need to start now kan? see u soon miera! ;)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...