Oh travelling.
One thing I truly miss doing in my life is to travel. During my postgrad studies in 2009-2010 and when Europe was just a train away, I was given opportunities (and very grateful to be given such opportunities! Alhamdulillah) to go around the continent with not so much money spent.
Looking at my current situation, lack of time and financial aid just for travelling, I would have to put it on hold.
*cricket sound*
But but but...I just have to disagree.
(Imagining hubby's reaction: "Hah melawan la tu melaaawannn")
Life can be dull and stagnant at times, and I think the best way to get out of that rut is to see the world. Sometimes, no matter how motivated, driven or aligned we can be, everyone of us goes through a period in our life when we are stuck in a rut. It can be as of many reasons, but the feeling is just the same; bored, stuck and complacent and it can happen without warning even to the optimistic people. Besides, we've worked so hard, I think all of us need at least some break. Or a treat!
One thing I truly miss doing in my life is to travel. During my postgrad studies in 2009-2010 and when Europe was just a train away, I was given opportunities (and very grateful to be given such opportunities! Alhamdulillah) to go around the continent with not so much money spent.
Looking at my current situation, lack of time and financial aid just for travelling, I would have to put it on hold.
*cricket sound*
But but but...I just have to disagree.
(Imagining hubby's reaction: "Hah melawan la tu melaaawannn")
Life can be dull and stagnant at times, and I think the best way to get out of that rut is to see the world. Sometimes, no matter how motivated, driven or aligned we can be, everyone of us goes through a period in our life when we are stuck in a rut. It can be as of many reasons, but the feeling is just the same; bored, stuck and complacent and it can happen without warning even to the optimistic people. Besides, we've worked so hard, I think all of us need at least some break. Or a treat!
Therefore to eliminate those 'rutty' feelings, I feel that we should just go out and travel. Anywhere! Inside or outside of the country, rich or poor places, first class or third class, it doesn't matter, as long as you go.
So...
2012 is coming to an end, and hello 2013. When a brand new year is about to begin, one of your resolutions and goals is ...
... to travel as much as you can.
It can be as frequent as every month or maybe 4 to 6 times in a year, but I'm going to be realistic here, hence, I think I'll just do twice (or three)
times a year? I think that's just good enough.
times a year? I think that's just good enough.
That is, before the baby comes. Tee hee.
If your job requires you to travel every now and then, you are lucky and can exit my blog please. Ok kidding.
Travelling needs money. Duh, anyone knows that, but if you want it so much, you just gotta make it work. And I believe when you put your heart to it, it WILL work.
*Thinking about PB bonus and Free PB Trips*
So, after days and days of discussion, (arguments!) and consideration, both Mr. Z and I decide to do this, only if time and money permits.
Two (or three) destinations a year. Can we do this?
Seaside, cities, villages, mountains, deserts..you name it, I want it.
So where would it be?
Let's berangan!
1. Bangkok, Thailand
Thailand, just next door and truth to be told, I've never been to any parts of Thailand. I guess it is always wise to start with the capital city.
2. Casablanca, Morocco
"I thought you fell in love with me watching Casablance, holding hands 'neath the paddle fans in Rick's Candle lit cafe, hiding in the shadows from the spies. Moroccan moonlight in your eyes..."
An exotic gateway to Africa; its mountains, desert and coast ; to their souq (the Marrakech!), food and culture. I know I'll be happy snapping away my PEN!
3. Redang Island
Before I berangan even more about going to Maldives or Mauritius, let me admit to you that I have never been to our very own Redang Island. Can you believe it? So, that will be one of my stop next year.
4. Almalfi Coast, Italy
Everything I read about the Amalfi Coast suggested sugar and spice, everything nice. Not just the coastal area, but the nearby village, Positano has it all. Tall houses climbing the hillside, beautiful beaches on the waterfront, and small winding streets full of shops all beckoned me to pay a visit. Soon babe soon.
5. Agra, India
Any of these three places are good enough for me. So bring it on 2013, I shall wait!
So, what's your top three wish list travel destination for next year? Share please!
Everything I read about the Amalfi Coast suggested sugar and spice, everything nice. Not just the coastal area, but the nearby village, Positano has it all. Tall houses climbing the hillside, beautiful beaches on the waterfront, and small winding streets full of shops all beckoned me to pay a visit. Soon babe soon.
5. Agra, India
Which other love story is so grand that you have someone built a monumental palace for you after you die? None other than the emperor Shah Jahan did for his wife, Mumtaz Mahal. I would like to witness the place where the great love story was depicted. Can you imagine me in my Salwa Kameez and hubby in his kurta in front of the Taj Mahal as the background?
Any of these three places are good enough for me. So bring it on 2013, I shall wait!
So, what's your top three wish list travel destination for next year? Share please!




No comments:
Post a Comment