Saturday, June 9, 2012

I Miss London

London. A place where I used to go every other weekends. 

Jangan panic. Not go every weekends from KL (gile ke?) but every other weekends from West Midlands, a place I called home two years ago.  The journey from Birmingham to London takes 1 and 1/2 hour.

OMG! Has it been two years? So cepattt.. Sigh. Rindu nyaaa..

My housemate and I (Sheena), whenever we are bored with our lives in Brum, we would head out and take the first (cheapest) train from Birmingham Moor Street station to London Marylebone (via Chiltern Train). Of course we prefer the fast Virgin Train which will take us straight to Euston Train station in just an hour, but that's only ... when we have extra to spend. Those were the days when every penny counts. Hahah.

The things we did in London:

1) The Cranberries concert at Royal Albert Hall. OMG that was one hell of an experience. I never thought I ever watched this band up close and personal. They are like... the bomb. 'Linger', 'Zombie', 'When you're gone' and many more. Best gileee.



2) If we are ever in London on Saturday, we never failed to singgah Portobello Market (near Notting Hill) just because. Before we depart back to Brum, we just had to indulge ourselves at least for a cuppa of Red Velvet from Hummingbird. Sedapnya tidak la terkata. The soft and moist texture of the cake and the sinful creamy cream cheese. Glory glorrrrryy. Apart from Hummingbird, there are many many more things to do at Portobello. Vintage lovers, say hello to your world!




3) During our depression days, and when we missed Malaysia so so much, the food, the kekecohan of being around Malaysian people,    we just loved going to Malaysian Hall cafeteria. We were there just to eat their roti canai (breakfast), Sup ekor and sambal belacan (lunch) and have their scrumptious teh tarik (supper). A lot of people said that Malaysian Hall's food sucks and all that, but I just don't care. I felt safe there and in a way, it does felt like home. 

It may sound..what? Sup ekor? Teh tarik? The little things that we love.

Zaman students at MSD (Malaysian Student Department)

4) Harrods. Should I elaborate?

5) Oxford Street. I miss Selfridges (of course!), my favourites which are H&M, Zara and..... Primark. Nothing beats Primark's leggings. 

6)Museums and art galleries. London has the best museums in the world and we've only managed to see the British Museum and Tate Modern. The National Gallery, National History Museum, etc??

Andy Warhol exhibition at Tate Modern

7) West End! I've seen Wicked, Chicago and The Legally Blonde, but the best I've seen was Wicked of course. I cried buckets kot. Don't mind watching it again. But Billy Elliot and The Lion King are next in my list.








There are many many more of London's must-do and must-see pictures that I have in my laptop but those are memories and it will be kept as memories. Cute English cafes that serves original English scones with clotted cream, tea, the fish and chip, Camden town, Borough market, frozen yoghurt, smoked salmon and egg benedict from Patisserie Vallerie, yada yada yada. Banyak sangat la and it won't do any justice if you don't try all of these yourself. 


Which you can come with me next year FOR FREE. 
Yes, ladies and gentlemen. In 2013 we are going to London and Paris for F.R.E.E! 
Mr. Z and I insya Allah! 

Want to know how you can go for FREE? 

Contact me at : 013-2033763 (24/7 on whatssap)
rashida.rafar@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...