Thursday, January 26, 2012

Jakarta Textile Madness


Jakarta will always bring out the worse in me. Especially in shopping.

Wah, pi shopping sampai Jakarta? Kelaassss uollss. Teeettttt.

No laaaa. 

I went to Jakarta to get materials and other necessary stuff for my wedding. It's way way way cheaper and with the expenses of supir (driver), accommodation for 3 nights and flight tickets for four (we flew by KLM), it is still waaaayy cheaper than buying materials in KL. 

Totally worth it when you have such gigantic family like me. And most of them are girls. Semua pun kena beli. And they refuse to repeat baju lama. -__-

1. Dulang boys - check
2. Dulang girls - check pending
3. Sisters' and Aiman's materials for all four events - check
4. Mom's and Dad's - check
5. Pengapit Zaim - check (for two events, need another two)
6. Pengapit saya - check (two also)
7. Nikah material - check 
8. Reception - pending
9. Qhatam Quran - pending
10. Martha Tilaar Spa (mandi susu, lulur, massage)- check
11. Wedding Invitation cards - pending
12. Telekung hantaran - check

Many people would say, "ohh it's your wedding and you want to compromise on the quality of the materials bla bla? Spend lebih sikit pun takpe asalkan bagus. Kat KL cukup." WTH? I'm not compromising on anything here my dear. You want to talk about quality? It is as good as the one we saw in Gedung Kain J or G (yunowataimin kan?). And some are even better. So, yeah. It's not even a win-lose situation here. It's totally a win-win.

Satisfied.

This is only the first round. I don't know how many rounds I have to make to get everything done. Kena tinggal situ sebulan kot. Round two will be soon.

 Elie Saab's lace. Hhhmm.


This one is Christian Dior. Tak beli pun.

Mana gambar I?

Sorry I serabai. Serabut. Bye.

5 comments:

  1. Hey dear..
    You went to Jakarta to buy your material? How I wish last time I can go there too. hehe
    But I'll be going to Jakarta too.. maybe in few months time.. jalan2 je.
    Tp macam most probably pergi Bandung je. Husband said kat sana macam lagi best and cheaper and less congested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. Thanks for the comment.

    I love Jakarta more and truthfully I think Jakarta is cheaper than Bandung. For wedding stuff kot. But bandung pun nice and yes ive to admit less traffic jams and all. but i love Jakarta because i am spoiled with choices there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam to you Shida.

    I hope you are happy and bubbly as always. It's great news to know that you are tying the knot soon. I am super happy for you. I am now a mother to a year old baby girl. Can't believe I found your blog and I think I should let you know. I can't believe a lot of our schoolmates are married too. Still feel funny that it is almost 10 years ago when we were still in school, laughing and gosipping about our future plans. Hope to hear from you soon. Take care dear friend.

    Love,
    Hidayah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dear,

    Thanks for your reply. I can't wait for your big day. InsyaAllah, we'll try to meet up one day. Yup, with my baby girl along but I have to warn you my little makcik is super duper hyperactive lasak, kalah boy. I'll be away for 2 weeks sekejap. Maybe we can jumpa after that. Sure so many stories to tell kan. Anyway, it's great to be able to keep in touch with you again. This is my number, 012 6941665.

    Love,
    Hidayah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. shopping fabrik di jakarta memang best.. bandung pun sama.. cuma i tempah baju di bandung dengan dua orang berbeza. sangat berbaloi.. jgn dgr ckp org bila dorang kata shopping je kl.. kualiti bla bla bla.. wedding kita duit kita.. kita punya suka lah! :p

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...