I love it when husband is 28 and I'm still 27. Hah. Indenial much?
First year as a wife, I decided to splurge a bit on husband's birthday, so yes, we went ahead of ourselves and celebrate just the two of us.
Had dinner at the newly raved fine and dine restaurant, Thirty8, Grand Hyatt, and we had a lovely time.
Food was obviously great (Zaim had M7 Wagyu beef and I had pasta) though a tad expensive but I guess we are paying not just the food but also for the ambiance. The moment I made a reservation for a birthday celebration, they already reserved a spot for us comfortably and strategically overlooking the twin towers. When dessert came (with candles and all), the jazz singers came by and sang a birthday song for hubby which I didn't remember requesting for. All of that goes without saying. Such impeccable service!
The highlight of the night, the food to our soul. A dessert you cannot miss if you dine here.
Thirty8 signature cake - A cylinder shaped chocolate cake, banana ice cream, raspberries served with butterscotch sauce. The cake is a three layer soft chocolate cake and each layer gives a different surprise and it gets better. The top is the moist chocolate cake, the middle layer is a chocolate and hazelnut mousse with bits of caramel brittle. The last part is dark chocolate cake base. It's overwhelmingly yummy. Hubby is not a sweet-tooth but he was seen licking off the last bit of the cake.
Anyway, hubby is a year older and I hope a year wiser, healthier and richer. Wishing my darling a lifelong happiness, contentment and success filled with barakah. Looking forward to more meaningful birthdays to celebrate in the future dear.


Thirty8 signature cake - A cylinder shaped chocolate cake, banana ice cream, raspberries served with butterscotch sauce. The cake is a three layer soft chocolate cake and each layer gives a different surprise and it gets better. The top is the moist chocolate cake, the middle layer is a chocolate and hazelnut mousse with bits of caramel brittle. The last part is dark chocolate cake base. It's overwhelmingly yummy. Hubby is not a sweet-tooth but he was seen licking off the last bit of the cake.
Anyway, hubby is a year older and I hope a year wiser, healthier and richer. Wishing my darling a lifelong happiness, contentment and success filled with barakah. Looking forward to more meaningful birthdays to celebrate in the future dear.
No comments:
Post a Comment