I wish I'm in London right now! The opening ceremony for Olympics 2012 was MAGNIFICENT!
It's so 'London' and the things we saw during the ceremony were the things that we could relate to..everytime. Mary Poppins, Harry Potter, Mr. Bean, James Bond, West End, Mallory Towers, NHS, Enid Blyton and most of the elements are celebrated the contributions the UK has made to the world through innovation, revolution as well as not forgetting the exuberance of the British people. It was really reflected on London 2012 games based on sports, youth transformation and inspiration. Directed by Danny Boyle (he directed Slumdog Millionaire) and the opening ceremony was named 'Isle of Wonder'. No wonder.
You can never expect nothing less from London. The best I have seen so far.
Oh how I miss that place.
You can never expect nothing less from London. The best I have seen so far.
Oh how I miss that place.
Here are some of my favourites during the Opening ceremony of London 2012.
A performer acting as the chimney man during the Industrial Revolution.
Marry Poppin(s) rocking the stage!
Legendary David Beckham piloting a speedboat carrying the Olympic flame to make his way to the London 2012 ceremony.
The Green Pleasant Land before transformed into Industrial Revolution.
The Industrial Revolution. Can you even imagine London back then?
Favourite. Sir Rowan Atkinson was himself as Mr. Bean who brought out great laughter during the opening ceremony.
The Big Ben and The Parliament House being projected with the Union Jack.
The great achievement of NHS
A giant puppet of British villain characters, Lord Voldermort and the Queen of Hearts. This performance honours Britain's greatest achievements for children's literature.
SPECTACULAR innit?
When can I go there again? 2013 perhaps?
With the Green Leaders Group? And my PB gang? Plus a husband of my own! Excited pulok.










No comments:
Post a Comment