January 2013. Amazing how time flown so swiftly last year and we are now embarking to another 365 days of journey.
Thank you Allah for another year.
I anticipated New Year within a low key ambience; the whole family decided to celebrate at home. Nothing extravagant but it wasn't dull as well. We decided to cook at home (my parents hate dining out for dinner) so they requested to us to make something for them. We don't want the typical BBQ, laksa or even beriyani to the least, we decided to cook something that we have never cooked before.
Sister No. 3 suggested Japanese.
Hmmm.
The only thing that I could think of making for Japanese are
tenpayaki (masak nasi and goreng ayam je)
shashimi (potong je salmon tu)
So tak nak kalah budak tu, she decided to call one of her best friend (cum our neighbour who has lived in Japan many years ago)for recipes.
Menu:
1. Okonomiyaki
2. Salmon shashimi
3. California Temaki
4. Miso soup
I cringed when I looked at the receipt of the ingredients that were bought by my sisters. Japanese's ingredients are expensive. But you cant't deny those are good healthy stuff.
Anyhow, some pics to feast your eyes!
While making the Okonomiyaki!
The end product!
Can't have enough of those!
The usual temaki
The feel good Miso soup
Oh, it was filling and we surely had a good time cooking those food. We end the night by watching fireworks at Publika and glad that it wasn't as pack and crowded like what we thought.
Akemashiteomedetogozaimasu!
3. California Temaki
4. Miso soup
I cringed when I looked at the receipt of the ingredients that were bought by my sisters. Japanese's ingredients are expensive. But you cant't deny those are good healthy stuff.
Anyhow, some pics to feast your eyes!
While making the Okonomiyaki!
The end product!
Can't have enough of those!
The usual temaki
The feel good Miso soup
Oh, it was filling and we surely had a good time cooking those food. We end the night by watching fireworks at Publika and glad that it wasn't as pack and crowded like what we thought.
Akemashiteomedetogozaimasu!
No comments:
Post a Comment