5 days to the wedding, and I felt anxious, nervous and nak muntah. And this time, it's not because of the wedding itself, I was more concerned on the akad nikah and marriage afterwards. All these while what worries me were the flow of the program, the guests list, the RSVPs and the nicks knacks paddy wacks. But chuck them aside, those are not my concern and it should not be. What hit me the most was: CAN I BE A WIFE?
And I asked myself again, WHAT IS A ROLE OF A WIFE? What do I have to do?
............
I've never been a wife, and it hit me that being a wife is not the same as a girlfriend. And I thought it was, excluding the physical H-A-L-A-L relationship that we can have. Yes, you be there for him, love him, teman makan, listen to his rants and all, etc etc. But it doesn't stop there.
Can I obey a person I've never lived with? I am known for keras kepala, will question all actions, can I actually obey the man I'm about to marry? The fact that your Jannah lies beneath your husband's feet, it actually gives me shivers when thinking about it. That proverb should not be taken lightly. *Imagining Mr. Z's stare daggers at me*.
............
I've never been a wife, and it hit me that being a wife is not the same as a girlfriend. And I thought it was, excluding the physical H-A-L-A-L relationship that we can have. Yes, you be there for him, love him, teman makan, listen to his rants and all, etc etc. But it doesn't stop there.
Can I obey a person I've never lived with? I am known for keras kepala, will question all actions, can I actually obey the man I'm about to marry? The fact that your Jannah lies beneath your husband's feet, it actually gives me shivers when thinking about it. That proverb should not be taken lightly. *Imagining Mr. Z's stare daggers at me*.
Abu Hurayrah reported that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said: “When a woman prays her five (prayers), fasts her month (Ramadan), preserves her chastity, and obeys her husband, she will be told (on the Day of Judgement), “Enter Jannah from any of its (eight) gates.”
It has been narrated on the authority of Umm Salama (ra) that Rasul'Allah (saw) said: "If a woman dies in a state when her husband is pleased with her, she will enter Paradise ". (Tirmidhi)
Subhan'Allah. So easy, yet so difficult.
I guess that's why the reward is so great.
Insya Allah, 5 more days to become a wife.
No comments:
Post a Comment