Due to the fact that sometimes my life can be quite stagnant, I've decided to form/join in a book club together with a good friend and colleague. We love books for sure (sometimes wish that books in Malaysia are cheap, but it's soooo not!) and we despise the idea of using kindle or ipad as e-book. What? Buku boleh tekan-tekan ke? No way! Book is book. The smell of it, the smooth silky cover and the illustration of it.. aahh, satisfaction.
Anyhow, we decided to embark ourselves to a journey of reading a book (fiction or non fiction) AT LEAST once a month. Sadly, I only managed to finished only a book for the whole of 2011. What the hell has happened to me? When I was in UK, I bought more books than clothes and I managed to read at 90% of the books that I bought. (Imagine 4 kotak penuh dengan buku, baju 2 kotak je).
So, we, in this book club-ish ('ish' dulu, takot tak jadi LOL) will meet outside of work and discuss the book based on the criteria that we set.
Our first journey will be..
Written by Tash Aw, a Malaysian but was born in Taipei. He wrote this novel in London after he graduated from his Law degree from Cambridge and Warwick.
I can't wait to start! ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment