Towards the end of 2010, I faced a whirlwind trauma friendship drama with some people whom I used to be really good friends with, but now, we are not anymore. How do I deal with it? How do I feel about it then and now?
I was hurt. Obviously I was. They were my friends. Good friends pulak tu. But I seriously am not sure what went wrong, the whole 'we're-buddies-I-love-you' kinda thing went down the drain. All these happened because of the lack of ability in controlling emotions and to think rationally. I believe so. We are adults right, why can't talk like adults? If one is scared of confronting, there are always emails right? Why must we use FB in portraying your dissatisfaction and hatred? Your emotional outburst in public, is it really worth it?
So, to cut the story short, I learnt a lot from this. At first, I was so angry and I will blame everybody. I still do though, but I'm letting it go now. Not being the best friend that I used to be to them, but accepting the fact that we're no longer 'friends' that we used to be and things won't be the same anymore. Why this happened? Waallahualam, I don't have the answer for it. Blaming others won't do justice, blaming diri sendiri pulak unfair? Nay? Mungkin ini semua ada hikmah nye tersendiri. Remember that God has determined everything that was/were/going to happened in our lives.
A wise friend of mine used to remind me this whenever dugaan-dugaan kecil ini berlaku:
1) We can't force people to be friends with us. We can't make people love us all the time. That makes us human.
2) What can we gain by not being their friends? Are they the ones who gave you shelter, food and money? Or even jobs? So, what do you have to lose? Nothing right?
3) Sabar. Ini benda kecil aja.
It's true right?
So, let go. Stop analyzing. Stop complaining. Life is short for this. There's more to life than bickering with people who is not worth your time, so why sweat over it?
Self reminder that is.
So, let go. Stop analyzing. Stop complaining. Life is short for this. There's more to life than bickering with people who is not worth your time, so why sweat over it?
Self reminder that is.
No comments:
Post a Comment