Monday, May 2, 2011

Kate - Catherine of Cambridge

Did any of you watched the Royal Wedding? 

Ok, stupid question kan? Of course you all did! *slaps forehead*


To me, the highlights of the wedding were:

1. Kate Middleton, which are now to be called Princess William; Duchess of Cambridge
2. The Dress

Nothing else except Kate and her dress(es). Mainly it's because the wedding is solely a typical royal wedding where the guests are pretty much the same people from the royal family, ministers, celebrities and many more people 'up there'. But I was excited to see Sultan Mizan's little face from the crowd. Ahaha.

Anyhow, Kate Middleton is a stunning lady. She's the epitome of 'less is more', as been said. She doesn't overdo, elegant and she got a class of her own. Her silent voice when she said her vows reveals her personality, which make her suitable to be one of the members of the royal family and most importantly, The Queen when William holds the throne.

She's simple and that really portrays her humble being. I got to know that she did her own make-up for her wedding because as according to some websites that I read, she wants to at least keep some 'normalcy' in her life. I think that is just awesome. A lot of people that I know would hire professional make-up artist for weddings, because first, they don't know how to use cosmetics  the correct way (like me!) and second, they would want to look   different and stand out from the crowd since it's their BIG DAY kan? But this young lady is more comfortable to do her own. Check her out man.



And the dress. I bet brides- to- be out there are re-thinking of their own dress. I would if I'm them too. Maybe not the whole style, but the concept of simple and elegant is just breathtakingly beautiful. I know I know, 'breathtakingly beautiful' is just so overrated (everyone has been saying that lately this week after the Royal Wedding), but that phrase is just for Kate. 

Kuddos to Sarah Burton! I've never heard of her but she certainly did a great job (clearly it's because I never follow any fashion news). Lepas ni lagi meletop la Sarah Burton ni ye tak?




Catherine Middleton is the Princess Diana today. As suspected, the reason Prince William chose Kate to be his wife, because she can offer him normalcy in his life like what his late mother had been wanting for himself and Harry. Kate gave him a sense of fresh air and also she reminds him of his beloved late mother. Apart from that, it looked like Kate is loved by the members of the Royal Family especially the Queen. I guess that's pretty important isn't it? 

May they live happily ever after.

1 comment:

  1. erm nope, count me out. i didnt watch the ceremony, nor did i put a single initiative to actually watch any sort of replay/recording :) the only wedding that's of a big deal to me, is MINE! hahahahhahahah

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...